Tainted wipes may have led to fatal infection
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
MSNBC: “The parents of a 2-year-old Houston boy who died from a rare infection are suing makers of recalled alcohol prep products, claiming contaminated wipes and swabs transmitted bacteria that caused his fatal case of meningitis,” writes JoNel Aleccia. A little more than a month after Harrison Kothari‘s death, a relative found an online notice of the recall of alcohol swabs and wipes made by the Triad Group because they may have been contaminated with the same rare bacteria that led to Harrison’s death. Those wipes had been used in the hospital where Harrison was infected.